This chakra is located in the center of the forehead between the eyes, hence the name the third eye. It relates to imagination and is associated with light. The idea is that this chakra allows you the ability to see beyond the physical, with things like intuition. When out of balance one can experience headaches, nightmares, lack of concentration and other ailments associated with the mind and head. Now for the 7 things:
1. The Mantra is Aum/Om, written in sanskrit in the middle of the picture shown here
2. Indigo / blue/ violet is the color related to this chakra
3. Supported forward bends, cobra pose, child's pose, shoulderstand, and meditation.are yoga poses that will help balance this chakra and counteract any related ailments
4. Its gemstones are Quartz, lapis lazuli, sapphire, and sodalites, you can practice shavasana with one of these placed on your forehead.
5. Foods that might help balance this chakra are eggplant, blueberries and any other similar colored fruits and vegetables
6. Ajna governs the pituitary gland 7. The inverted red triangle in the picture is the symbol for shakti, the sanskrit word for creativity / activity, and the two circles on either side represent the sun and moon To bring awareness to this chakra you can place your hands in Anjali Mudra, thumbs touching your third eye area. This is a good way to go internally and listen to what your intuition and creative forces are saying. In spring when new life is being created it's a great time to bring this chakra into balance.