The location of this Chakra is the chest area, above the heart. It represents love, or ourselves and others. This is the center of the chakras, with three below and three above. This is the chakra associated with love and peace. Even though Valentine's Day has come and passed we can be mindful of celebrating love every day and giving in a more loving way. Again, here are seven things about his chakra that everyone should know.
1. Appropriately for March, the color associated with it is green!
2. Air is the element associated with it, therefore breathing exercises will help balance this chakra.
3. Any back bends will help to balance this chakra and build energy.
4. If this chakra is unbalanced you might notice jealousy, shallow breathing, and as you age it can turn into heart disease and high blood pressure.
5. A related organ is the thymus, as well as the circulatory system and lungs.
6. Green foods are balancing for this chakra, like peppers, kale, cucumbers, and string beans to name a few.
7. "Yam" is the seed mantra.
Throughout the month of March practice sharing rounds or speaking, "yam" with those in your life that you love. Cultivate compassion by taking a moment to take a deep breath when things get tough. When you know you're frustrated with someone take a moment of silence to think about the situation from their perspective. Add some healthy natural green foods to at least one meal per day. Yoga is a practice, and most importantly, don't beat yourself up if you don't do these things all the time. Practicing compassion for yourself is the first step to loving others.