This chakra is one that I can relate to. Often people that are quiet, or have a hard time saying what is on their mind needs to work on balancing this chakra.
It is the third to last one, and is located above the heart. This is a good time to be aware of this chakra, when allergies are prevalent and taking good care of your throat will keep you healthy. It is said that this area is the bridge of your body, connecting the mind with other vital organs. Here are 7 more fun facts for this chakra:
1. The color associated with Vishuddha is blue/turquoise.
2. Expression through this chakra comes from singing, speaking, music, dance in relation to rhythm.
3. Vishuddha means "pure"
4. Unbalanced throat chakra can lead to neck stiffness, thyroid problems, throat problems, teeth grinding and other mouth conditions. If too much there is a lot of talking, or stuttering.
5. Breathing exercises are great for this chakra. Practice the dandelion breath and other fun activities that get kids focusing on their breath.
6. Juices, and fruits which are highly water-based are great things to help bring this chakra into balance. Soups or sauces are also appropriate foods to help this chakra.
7. The mantra for this chakra is "HAM" with a long A. This is a nice exercise to practice with your kids. Get creative and say it to help focus and relax them.
There are many more things to learn about this chakra, and it is important to practice some poses to help balance. Things that stretch the throat are generally going to help. Camel pose, bridge pose, and even the snake can benefit your child. Thanks for reading, and feel free to comment, or email me with any questions!
The location of this Chakra is the chest area, above the heart. It represents love, or ourselves and others. This is the center of the chakras, with three below and three above. This is the chakra associated with love and peace. Even though Valentine's Day has come and passed we can be mindful of celebrating love every day and giving in a more loving way. Again, here are seven things about his chakra that everyone should know.
1. Appropriately for March, the color associated with it is green!
2. Air is the element associated with it, therefore breathing exercises will help balance this chakra.
3. Any back bends will help to balance this chakra and build energy.
4. If this chakra is unbalanced you might notice jealousy, shallow breathing, and as you age it can turn into heart disease and high blood pressure.
5. A related organ is the thymus, as well as the circulatory system and lungs.
6. Green foods are balancing for this chakra, like peppers, kale, cucumbers, and string beans to name a few.
7. "Yam" is the seed mantra.
Throughout the month of March practice sharing rounds or speaking, "yam" with those in your life that you love. Cultivate compassion by taking a moment to take a deep breath when things get tough. When you know you're frustrated with someone take a moment of silence to think about the situation from their perspective. Add some healthy natural green foods to at least one meal per day. Yoga is a practice, and most importantly, don't beat yourself up if you don't do these things all the time. Practicing compassion for yourself is the first step to loving others.