The next chakra to learn is the Sacral chakra, where the energy, life and creativity is housed. This is also where people hold emotions and can be a very powerful region. Coincidentally it is considered to be a feminine chakra, whereas the first one in the series, the root, is masculine. Often we can see a relation to these chakras and the normal behavior of either gender.
1. The sacral chakra is associated with the reproductive organs, as well as the hips and entire pelvic region. It is located around the navel.
2. The color orange represents this chakra.
3. The mantra for the sacral chakra is Vam. When speaking this mantra repeatedly the tongue hits certain points in the mouth that help to balance the chakra.
4. Foods to balance this chakra are anything orange like carrots, pumpkin, and also seeds.
5. This chakra houses creative energy, and life since it is related to birth. Emotions are also housed in this region. When you feel like you are in a creative flow, this chakra is strong.
6. Lack of energy and ideas, can mean this chakra is out of balance.
7. The poses that help balance the sacral chakra are ones that work the legs hips, and pelvis. Poses like pigeon, bound angle, and goddess. Practice these carefully if you are aware of an imbalance. These poses can be very emotional and it is not uncommon to be overcome with strong emotions or even cry when holding these poses for extended periods of time.
Having a healthy handle on our emotions is an important aspect of our overall health. That means it is very important to be aware of when this chakra is out of balance. With your children you might notice more temper tantrums, lots of crying and any physical problems of the organs in that region, like the bladder. If any of these things are standing out to you I would suggest adding more balancing foods to their diet and practice the poses at home. You can even make a fun game out of saying the mantra!