This chakra is one that I can relate to. Often people that are quiet, or have a hard time saying what is on their mind needs to work on balancing this chakra.
It is the third to last one, and is located above the heart. This is a good time to be aware of this chakra, when allergies are prevalent and taking good care of your throat will keep you healthy. It is said that this area is the bridge of your body, connecting the mind with other vital organs. Here are 7 more fun facts for this chakra:
1. The color associated with Vishuddha is blue/turquoise.
2. Expression through this chakra comes from singing, speaking, music, dance in relation to rhythm.
3. Vishuddha means "pure"
4. Unbalanced throat chakra can lead to neck stiffness, thyroid problems, throat problems, teeth grinding and other mouth conditions. If too much there is a lot of talking, or stuttering.
5. Breathing exercises are great for this chakra. Practice the dandelion breath and other fun activities that get kids focusing on their breath.
6. Juices, and fruits which are highly water-based are great things to help bring this chakra into balance. Soups or sauces are also appropriate foods to help this chakra.
7. The mantra for this chakra is "HAM" with a long A. This is a nice exercise to practice with your kids. Get creative and say it to help focus and relax them.
There are many more things to learn about this chakra, and it is important to practice some poses to help balance. Things that stretch the throat are generally going to help. Camel pose, bridge pose, and even the snake can benefit your child. Thanks for reading, and feel free to comment, or email me with any questions!